Miniature Wargaming Painting

Last week I demonstrated how I created an established of hill terrain that suits to one box for storage. But construction terrain is just half the task; it nonetheless has to be decorated! I picked up a few fresh paints to use on terrain, and so I got miniature painting service to paint one hill for a test version before performing the entire set.

The first step to painting hills would be to bring a textured base into the mountain. I used a mix of 4 components drywall joint compound to a single component arbitrary left over paint and also added a little beach sand for additional texture. The paint that I used seemed like a dark brown but once I combined it together with the joint chemical it was a little purple. No big deal since I will paint it over. I mix paint together with the combined chemical so that it won’t function as chalky as it dissolves. It’s a lot like painting with mud, therefore I use an inexpensive plastic bristled brush which may take a beating. I put on a single coat and let it dry overnight before adding another coat.

After allowing the second coat I used the airbrush to perform the remaining part of the painting. For paints I’m utilizing Behr paint samples out of Home Depot. All these come in a massive number of standard colors and can also be custom mixed for far less per ounce compared to image paints. I’d rather capture these available for $2 each jar, and so I picked up a couple distinct colors. Should you lean them correctly they function nicely via an airbrush too. Step one is Burley Wood.

Then I used a 50/50 mixture of Burley Wood and Cathedral Grey to bring a few highlights. Subsequently straight Cathedral Grey as a last shine.

I then added an additional Burley Wood in the underside to reinforce the shadows somewhat. I also dim the very top where the grass goes.

I need them to be grassy around the surface so that I conclude them off with a few flocks. I place on a layer of thinned Modge Podge adhesive and then include clumps of stationary grass here and there.

Immediately after placing on the stationary bud I fill in the remainder of a few green flocks.